On television and in magazines, it seems everyone has a bright and sparkling smile. However, in real life, sparkling bright teeth are much harder to achieve. Dr. David Wilhelm of Newport Dental Arts in Newport Beach, CA, has helped countless patients improve their smiles with professional 7:00 services. He, and the entire team, understand that patients want a treatment that is effective and safe.
Types of teeth whitening treatments
Patients who want to improve their smiles can try to do it on their own or can choose professional services offered by their dentist.
- Over the counter products: A quick trip to the drugstore could result in a person feeling overwhelmed with teeth whitening options. From toothpaste to dental strips, many popular dental care brands offer a promise to remove stains from the teeth and lighten your teeth. Unfortunately, these products typically fail to deliver noticeable results. Furthermore, they can also cause damage to the gums or enamel of the teeth, which can lead to pain and sensitivity.
- Individuals who want to improve their smile safely and effectively are best served by working with a dentist they know and trust. At Newport Dental Arts, Dr. Wilhelm and his team offer two types of professional teeth whitening services and assists patients in choosing the best treatment for their unique situation.
- At home teeth whitening: Patients who want to improve their smile over the course of several weeks are best served with an at-home teeth whitening solution. In this case, the patient is provided dental trays that are customized to provide a proper fit and professional-grade whitening gel. The patient wears the trays for a predetermined amount of time and will see gradual improvement. Once the desired level of whitening has been achieved, patients stop the treatment but can save the trays and gel for future touch-ups. While wearing the trays, patients can read, do light housekeeping chores, work, or relax.
- In office teeth whitening: Patients who prefer a quicker treatment often opt for in-office teeth whitening. This treatment involves professional dental cleaning, application of barrier gel to protect the gums and having the whitening gel carefully applied to the front of the teeth. The gel is then activated using a special light. In-office whitening can lighten a person’s teeth up to eight shades during a single treatment session. This treatment is fast and effective. Because it is done under the watchful eye of a trained professional, the treatment is safe and painless.
Keeping your smile bright!
Once you have improved your smile, you will want to keep it that way. Dr. Wilhelm advises his patients to consider the following tips to keep their newly improved smile at it’s best:
- Kick the coffee (or other dark beverages) habit: Dark foods and drinks leave behind tiny particles that can stain the tooth’s enamel. Consider giving up your morning cup of coffee or try drinking your tea with a straw to avoid staining your teeth.
- Brush and floss carefully: The best oral health care starts at home. Make sure you brush and floss effectively to remove food particles from your teeth. Dentists recommend brushing after every meal. If that is not possible, rinse your mouth with water.
- Stop smoking or using chewing tobacco, which also stains the teeth.
If you want to improve your smile with professional teeth whitening services, Dr. Wilhelm encourages you to schedule a consultation at Newport Dental Arts by calling (949) 755-7623.
Share this article