Have you ever struggled to get ahead of cavities before they occur? Cavity prevention is an important part of maintaining a healthy smile. Understanding how to stop cavities in their tracks can help you and your family have more confidence in your oral health in general.
Our dentist encourages everyone to educate themselves about the importance cavity prevention. Here at Newport Dental Arts OC in Newport Beach, California, we are experts at cavity prevention.
There are many methods that can be used to stop cavities from forming, many of which should be done daily. On the other hand, there are also many things that should be avoided on a daily basis to evade cavity development as well.
Here are some of the main ways you can protect your teeth from tooth decay:
– Choose snacks with less sugar or, if possible, no sugar and limit snacking between meals.
– Chew a sugar-free gum after eating to clean your teeth. This should not be used in place of brushing, however.
– Carry a portable or disposable toothbrush. This can be a great idea for people who are always on the go.
– Drinking sweetened beverages can fuel the cavity-forming process, so avoid them if possible.
– Regularly visit the dentist for teeth cleanings and oral examinations.
– Use products with fluoride because fluoride actively fights to ward off cavities by building up enamel.
These methods and many more can help you to prevent cavities before they occur. If cavity prevention is a priority for you, please give us a call at 949-752-1210 and schedule an appointment with Dr. David Wilhelm. We are eager to help you with all of your cavity prevention needs.